Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd:



Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: July 5, 2016 at 6:13:25 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>

Sounds like Girls Camp was a success. I'm glad to hear that it was a good experience. I know for a fact that these experiences that the youth have make a big big difference in their lives. 
Umm my plans? I should probably think a little more about that since I just got my plane ticket emailed to me today...but as of now I was thinking that I could work when I get home and then apply for winter semester. I know basketball isn't the most important thing in the world but it's important to me. To be able to play on a high level is a childhood dream so I'm gonna chase that. I'm gonna see/talk to some coaches when I get back and see what the best offer is for me. Of course I'm gonna put God and my priesthood responsibilities first too. I've been praying and fasting about it all and so the decision process is still in process ha. 

This week was a good one though. Satan's army is fighting hard here in Luis Eduardo but God's army is fighting harder. We had a pretty scary experience yesterday: We were waiting for the bus because there usually arent taxi's on Sunday. But a taxi shows up and so we get in the car. From the moment that I sat down in that car I felt terrible, and my companion too. The spirit was screaming at us to get out of that car. I was gonna tell the man to pull over or we were gonna some problems lol but my companion started asking him some questions...like..."why are you working today if there usually aren't taxi's on Sunday?" and What's your name?" and Why are you taking a different route than the other taxi's?" He gave some bogus answers and I was ready to smackdown in the car but Thanks to angels and God's goodness he decided to let us out of the car. He didn't even know how much we were supposed to pay him -_- We're okay though ! haha To close the week off we had a baptism which is always good news :) This has probabaly been the most complicated/difficult area that I've been in but because of these hard times I've been able to grow and see God's hand in my life so much more. I've never felt closer to Christ than in these last 2 weeks. Oh and I'm the branches official pianist haha 
God lives and the church is true. 
I love you all and I'll see every one in 7 weeks (mais ou menos) 

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment