Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: well hello



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: February 8, 2016 at 7:24:35 AM PST
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: well hello

Hi momma ! I got my christmas package !!! I loved it :D thank you all so much, I was blessed with a family that I really do not deserve but God loves me ha. Good luck with math by the way. I actually like math but you'll do great. You do great in everything else in your life (mother, wife, teaching, sewing, everything that women do :)) And about the making decisions thing and being in charge, just relax. It's the spirit that teaches so if you follow his promptings then it has to work out ;) I always think of you when I feel the gospel stretching me, we're all in this together moms ! 

About Gayla....did you cuss her out !? :o hahaha I bet that scared alot of people to see you upset...hahahahaha there's nothing that fasting and prayer doesn't resolve though, you already know that. I'm super happy for Brayden and Heather though, i'll make sure to send them an email. Is everything all worked out with them ? Hope so..

Shekynah has dreads !? Kate's turning 12 !? Colby's going on a mission !? (I'll talk to him about that) Brooklyn's in HS and having problems with people not liking her !? What else has changed !? I'm not even gonna recognize Vegas ha. 

Yes me and Courtney still talk and we're fine :) BYU Hawaii honestly isn't in my plans. That's actually something that I wanted to talk to you about, I was reading my patriarchal blessing and I read a part that talked about gleaning counsel from my parents so I'm gonna write another email to you and dad about those things but don't worry, I'm focused on my mission. We have 2 people with baptismal dates which is a blessing because we're opening up an area here. We get lost sometimes but we've been doing alright so far I think. My companions name is Elder Oliveira by the way. He's the one with the Book of Mormon open in the picture I forwarded to you. He's from a city called Curitiba. Everyone thinks he's american and I'm brasilian hahahahahahaha. He's super cool though, I like him a lot. He's going home in May I think. It's been good being Zone Leader though, it's more responsibility but I like it because I have more chances to serve and it means that president and the Lord trust me to be a leader. I'm in an area called Liberdade, the church is pretty ancient here so the ward is really used to working with missionaries so it seems we should have a lot of success here, I'm excited !  

Yesterday I hope all of you bore your testimonies ! If not in sacrament meeting then to a friend or family member. In Revelations, John tells us about how there was a war in heaven (started in heaven) and we fought using our testimonies. That war is still being fought today, in our jobs, schools, in our very homes. Something that I learned is when you bare your testimony to someone, your souls speaks to the soul of that person and they recognize it because it's that same testimony that they bore before coming to this earth. As you let your own light shine through your testimony you automatically liberate the light of others around you to shine also. There are people counting on you and it's only you that can help them to come unto Christ. It's the sweetest feeling, knowing that you were the instrument that God used to bring someone into his fold and to see the happiness that you brought to them. Blessed will be your name forever. This is the church of Jesus Christ. This is the truth. Share it.




Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment