Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: One Year



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: September 28, 2015 at 10:40:26 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: One Year

I think it's time to put a lock on the fridge and pantry......Eli has to play football so we can all borrow money from him and he can't reach that goal this way. I strongly suggest that we have a family fast about this. I need the money.......hahahahaha did that seem serious ? I was trying to seem serious ha. Sounds like the fam is really really really busy these days. I guess that's good but make sure there's time for eachother. The most important people to please are the people in your home.

Did you guys see that I was singing at a pizzaria a week or 2 ago on facebook ? hahaha I was walking by and the guy that's playing the guitar is a good friend of ours here in Dias Davila.  I don't know if I sounded good or not so I'm kinda nervous ha. The owner of the pizzaria is a super cool dude too, he always gives us pizza ha.

Nice goals mom ! I was actually talking to one of the Elders the other day and I was talking about you 2 and how good of examples you 2 are of strong disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. I mentioned that mom doesn't speak up enough so I'm really glad that you made those goals to speak more. There's a passage in D&C that Joseph Smith wrote that talks about how a lot of the times we don't open our mouths and use the gifts that God gives us. God is not a big fan of that. I always think of this scripture to help me make street contacts when I think I've already done enough that day or things like that. This scripture burns us a little bit but D&C is like that. I don't wanna burn you mom of course but I hope this scripture can help you reach your goals that you've set the way it helps and motivates me to reach mine. (D&C 60:2)

I've been trying to help you out with mission impossible of "get colby to homecoming" but it seems like it's failing. Maybe he'll at least go to Prom. Brett is really a good friend to him and I. I'm lucky to have him, he writes me every week. Courtney writes too. She told me she was gonna talk to you about the adoption process or something like that. That's cool though that the Stouts bought a house in Cedar. Mandy still goes to SUU right ? A sister I met in the MTC might play basketball there. COOOOOL.

So today is my last day in Dias Dávila. I don't really know how I feel about that. It's super cool that I'm gonna be able to meet new people and go to a new city, but Dias Dávila became like another home to me. That's probably why I'm leaving though haha, I've been here forever. I'll miss being with Elder Teasley but I'll always be his dad ! :'''') and I'll miss this ward a lot. We'll all see eachother again one day so it's okay. I gave a talk yesterday to say bye to the ward and everything. I spoke on service. I think it went well, I feel like I was able to learn too so at least that was a sign that the Spirit had a part in it. I used the example of Peter and how he being new to the whole church thing thought it'd be a good idea to go fishing. He didn't know better so Christ came back to tell him that when he began this journey to salvation and this work to save souls and this life of discipleship that it was forever. He couldn't go back...if he did he would break the heart of God himself. Soooooo, Elder Decker and company, let's feed sheep. And like the people of 4 Nefi we too can be as happy as they were because of their devoted discipleship to the Savior of the world.  The prophet Joseph writes to all of us that we are to learn our duty and act in all diligence...never being lazy or slothful. One who learns how to do that will proudly be able to look God in the eyes and say "yea Lord, I do love thee." I don't know about anyone else and I have such a long way to go in terms of proving myself worthy of Gods love but I want to be able to say those words to God and His Son. And to have them call me by name and say, "...thank you. You truly love me. Let's go home." without a doubt that would bring me to my knees in tears of joy. I love my Savior Jesus Christ for all he has done and does for me. Especially for giving me a chance to be apart of his true church. There's no greater feeling than the feeling of His love for you. I know he loves each and every one of you. If you're reading this then yes that means you too. He will move heaven and earth for your happiness. I know that is true. God be with you all.

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment