Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Yessss



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: July 25, 2016 at 11:43:54 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Yessss

One more week down! 

Let me just get to the good stuff. So this Saturday was looking like it was gonna be a terrible day. Honestly the whole weekend was looking like it was gonna end up terrible. But thanks to a loving Heavenly Father, everything worked out for the better. We had a baptism and my companion was super irritated because we have little support here a lot of times. But the baptism went really well and a lot of people showed up. After our branch president (that doesnt get along very well with my comp.) gave us a SUPER NICE refferal, then we had a huge birthday party for everyone that had a birthday in the first half of this year which was a success. Me and my companion sang again and we had to run from the paparazzi...(joking). But the branch president's wife came up to us crying, telling us how much she loved us...it was weird because her and my companion didn't have that great of a relationship before. It probably seems like my companion is a bad guy but he sometimes creates enemies because he's always wanting to do what's right in the church. A lot of things weren't the way they were supposed to be so president sent us here to fix it all and we had to be kind of short with some people. But it's all paying off now because things are flowing really smoothly here in Luis Eduardo. I don't know if I've already said this in an email but, this last transfer I've never been so stresssed/tired/"beaten up"/aware of how much Satan fights against us. But for that exact same reason I've never felt closer to God. A girl here named Bianca gave a talk yesterday at church and she spoke about weaknesses and how God and the devil both use our weaknesses. The devil uses them to make us sin or feel like we're bad people but God uses our weaknesses to bring us closer to Him and make us stronger. I'm very grateful for my weaknesses and hard times. Because of them I've come to know my Savior in a way that I've never known Him before. 



in the picture is Renata who was baptized and her family that we helped reactivate.

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment