Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Amélia Rodrigues



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: October 5, 2015 at 4:56:19 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Amélia Rodrigues

Yayyyyy you saw the videos, at the transfer meeting and of me singing ! hahah that's cool :) It was at a pizzaria and the guy playing the guitar is an old investigator. He's super cool but he has his ideas about religion and what not sooo never got baptized. But yeah I finally got transfered after 5 transfers (30 weeks :O) and now I'm in a tiny tiny town called Amélia Rodrigues. If you can't find it on the map it's about an hour away from Salvador and an hour away from Fiera de Santana (the other big city that's close by. My companions name is Elder Ramirez. He's from Mexico and he's a doctor....he already graduated from medical school....crazy. But if I ever need surgery or anything he can pull out a kitchen knife and do his thang. 

I loved General Conference. We watched it at the chapel in Feira because our city doesn't have a chapel. We have a house haha it's truly the other side of heaven here but it's awesome. And I thought I was the only one that got emotional when the prophet bore his breathtaking testimony. Words honestly can't explain the love I have for my Heavenly Father for giving us a man as beloved as our prophet. I liked all of the talks but there were a couple things that I felt like were for me in particular. I left my notes at home unfortunately because we're about to go to Feira for a District P-Day but I think it was the new apostle, Elder Renlund(spellcheck) and he said something about seeing people as God sees them. I don't know if a lot of people spoke about callings in the church but me having a new calling and hearing the talks really helped me to know and understand the purpose of my new calling. And like you said momma, the most important thing about the gospel is loving and serving others. Brigham Young said that the bible is the simplest book to understand. I thought alot about that and it truly all leads back to loving god and loving others. If there's one thing I'd want you to share with my Lynbrook family it'd be my simple testimony that God lives. He and His son Jesus Christ are perfect, ressurrected beings who love us and what our well being above all other things. His gospel is the way for happiness, true and eternal happiness only comes from the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We are an extension of the Lord Jesus Christ as his people and He will send angels to help and guide us. He has sent angels in times of old and will not cease to do so. This is God's work. This is God's glory. Show faith and repent, and when he calls for Israel we will enter into his great kingdom. The Holy Ghost will be our constant companion on this journey. 

I wish I could write alot more but I'll be able to write a little more later today or tomorrow morning. I love you all so much and I'm grateful for your support. It honestly is sad to say that I only have 1 more year left of my mission but I thank God for every second that I have to wear Christ's name on my chest. I pray that you all can know that God is with you because He is... 
--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment