Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Yeah Yeah



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lisa Pardi <itsme_lp@yahoo.com>
Date: October 12, 2015 at 10:32:26 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Yeah Yeah

I love his testimony!! 

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 12, 2015, at 10:28 AM, Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com> wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: October 12, 2015 at 9:11:16 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Yeah Yeah

My companion and I are awesome right now. Obviously we had to get used to each other for a couple of days but when you try and see someone through Christ's eyes, it makes loving them a billion times easier. 

So in our group we have here in Amélia (the branch is in the next city over) it's "full" of people that love this gospel and it's the most inspiring thing to see and be apart of. After lunch we had a Sister in the ward go out and teach with us. She was so tired at the end of the day but did not want to stop. It brought tears to my eyes to see this sweet lady give everything she had to do this sacred work to save souls. She bore testimony, taught doctrine, and loved the people but more importantly she said, "Elder, we need to do this work to have a branch here in Amélia but also to serve God and give thanks for what he gives us." I'll never forget October 11, 2015. What was even more uplifting was that we were walking and we saw  2 other men from the ward (our ward mission leader and the 2nd counselor of the branch which is like our bishop) out visiting people. Yesterday was perfect with testimony meeting and the saints from a tiny unknown town going out to share those same testimonies that they shared at church earlier that day. 

I wish I was at home just for that Sunday to hear moms talk. She's so good she even makes me sound good! I'm glad that I actually am helping people feel God's love but trust me I have too much to learn still. I'm beyond grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who blessed my life with 2 missionaries who brought this gospel into my life. The only true and perfect church. I'm grateful for parents who love me unconditionally and raised me in this gospel. I'm grateful for the prayers of ward and family members. I'm grateful for Christ the Lord and His atoning sacrifice that makes God's plan of happiness possible. 

If you guys have some time (or not), in Preach My Gospel there's an activity on pg 133 that talks about the atributes of Christ. If you don't have a lot of time then just pick one atribute and answer the questions. After, make the changes and take the steps of repentance to be better. As members of the church of God we know why God asks so much of us. We are preparing for an eternal life. I feel like after this life we'll look back and realize that it actually wasn't a lot that he asked of us but no unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of God....No unchanged thing will even want to. Use the Atonement of Jesus and become like him. However long or hard the road, don't give up because it'll all be worth it in the end. I promise. (Matthew 5:48) God be with all of you!!! 

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment