Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: RE:

>

So this morning I realized I'm a step mom. My companion is here serving waiting for his mission date/visa to get here and I'm his 4th companion so I'm his step mom. I think it's super funny how missionaries find things like that funny or interesting hahaha it's kind of sad ha...

I hope everyone bore their testimony's yesterday! It's good to hear everyone elses but at the end of the day the one you remember is yours. And I heard too that every time you bare testimony, God forgives one of your sins...I'm gonna bare mine more often now ha.

 

These last 2 weeks have been really different compared to the rest of my mission. Different in a really good way. And as this week was going by I was trying to figure out why. I go home every night and I'm destroyed, almost no one went to church, and I feel like I have more than I can handle...but I'm happy. We were with our LMA (I don't know what it is in English but it's the dude in the ward that takes care of the missionaries) and he asked me, "Elder Decker, why and who are you serving?" and I thought because I hadn't ever stopped to think about it. 8 months ago I would have said, because my parents expect me to, or because the prophet said every worthy young man should serve, or because there are people here in Brasil that need this message. I love the people of Brasil, I love everyone who encouraged me to serve a mission and I know that Thomas S. Monson was called of God but those reasons aren't good enough for me. I serve my Lord and King, Jesus Christ, and my Father in Heaven and no one else. That's the only way I would be able to wake up at 6:30 every day, to be cursed at, rejected, and laughed at. But it's good to know that me and Elder Salgado dont have to walk alone. God has sent me angels and he will send them to you. The Atonement of The Savior covers much more then sins and death. But broken hearts and troubled minds too. I know that God lives and he has a plan for all of his children. A plan of happiness that was made possible for all of us because of his son Jesus Christ. Love God. Keep his commandments. Repent. Serve Him ALWAYS.


--

Élder Serph Alain Decker

        Missão Brasil Salvador 

A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos

            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment