Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: HEY

 HEY

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: September 14, 2015 at 2:10:38 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: HEY

This week was pretty good. We only had one investigator at church though -_- We're really having a lot of success and our investigators are progressing. The works slowed down a tiny bit with holidays and meetings we've had but it's still going great. I was reading "The miracle of forgiveness" and Spencer W. Kimball was talking about how it's our responsibility that we have to bring this knowledge of the gospel to people. And how in the Book of Mormon we suffer for the sins of other people for them not knowing of the message of peace. I have definitely been feeling some of that "suffering" lately in a way of just feeling bad because we feel like we give it our all and spend hours studying and planning to be able to help these people and they don't give it as much importance as we wish they would because they simply don't understand. Of course that means I'm still far from perfect and need to become a better teacher so that they can feel of that sweet spirit this message brings but it can be really disappointing sometimes. We had a meeting with president because he was doing interviews, the first thing he talked about was attitude. How attitude goes a long way and can a lot of times be the difference between success and failure. He had me give a training on diligence and it's the same thing. What we put into our heads and what comes out of our mouth will translate to the end result 10 times out of 10. And as we know because our beloved prophet Joseph Smith Jr. if we let virtue garnish our thoughts, our presence will wax strong, in the presence of God. And that promised Holy Spirit of the Lord will be our companion. We were called of God to be hear, now, exactly where we are and we were called to have success. A lot has changed in our area since that training with president. We've seen small miracles that make big differences and I wish I had more than just 2 weeks left in this area. I'm gonna miss it so much, I'm gonna miss Elder Teasley too. I couldn't have asked for a better son hahaha. Sister Lisonbee called us Alma and Amulek....so that pretty much sums our companionship ;) hahah and it shows how humble I am ! haha I'm kidding, but it really is fun. I love this work. There's nothing I'd rather be doing than serving these people of Brasil. 
Be strong Lynbrook ward ! I'm gonna send a package home this Christmas and I'll make sure to write a special letter to the best ward in the world. I love you all so much. I pray that everything's going beautifully with you. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. Remember: ...ye are laying the foundation of a great work...." That great work is you..

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment