Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: YASSSSSS



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: June 15, 2015 at 6:41:41 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: YASSSSSS

Sooooo this week was FULL of miracles. I've literally been seeing God's hand in my life more than ever. We have a great group of people that we're teaching right now and it's all workin out smoothly. We're teaching this kid, his name's Silas, and he's the coolest kid ever. He was adopted when he was 2 and his moms white and he's black, based off of that you already know he's cool :D ha but he's been going to church for some time now and he loves it. He's super smart and down to earth. Definitely not a "normal" 15 year old. We taught him once and he read, prayed, and had a dream. I felt like Daniel interpreting his dream haha. But I had never felt so close to heaven, teaching a lesson like that day. He's gonna be baptized by one of his bestfriends this Friday. We're teaching his mom too and she goes to some other church, I think it's spiritsm or something but she was crying during the lesson and said that she would read the book of mormon and pray and it was just so cool. 

One more cool story of this single mother, she's like 19 or 20 and we've taught her just a couple times. We went back to her house and she was sleeping but wasn't annoyed that we woke her up which I thought was weird. She started telling us about how she read the Book of Mormon and prayed to know if it was true. After she did that she said she felt super happy that day, like unnormally happy and peaceful. She said that the smell of alcohol gives her a headache and she's been reading everyday. It would've been perfect if she had gone to church but she had to do her hair -___- This week was full of experiences but those are the two that stuck out to me. It' such a great feeling to be an instrument in God's hands. I love this work and I love this gospel. 

One more thing before I go.....read Isaiah 58. Our stake president gave an awesome talk about fasting. I'm out of time but I'll talk to you all later. 

Love you so much !

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment