Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Thursday



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: September 3, 2015 at 8:02:35 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Thursday

Heyyyyyy sorry I didn't write on Monday, I always write to you guys last to sum everything up but after the last time I won't go a week without writing. But yes we have a lot of news and cool stuff that's happened. Like for one we met Elder Neil L. Anderson on Saturday and he spoke to us for about 2 hours. We also had Elder Masagarti and Elder Pinho from the quorum of the Seventy there. It was an experience I'll never forget. I learned a lot from those men in such a short time. I'm trying my hardest to apply what we learned from them. I'll talk about a couple things they said to us in a little bit.
We had 11 investigators(spellcheck) at church on Sunday.....ETA NOS ! I don't know why but we got a lot of people to go last week. A couple families that we're working with and people who are truly prepared to hear our message. Something funny that happened this week. We were teaching this lady and her daughters like 3, she's starting to warm up to us and she even calls me "Tio" (uncle) ha. But she was there while we were teaching her mom and then Elder Teasley started talking and she just stopped everything she was doing and started staring at Teasley. Then she goes, "hey ! Why are you talking like that ?" I tried so hard not to laugh but it didn't work out. She goes, "Stop talking like that, it's weird." hahaha I'm dying, laughing and Erica, her mom, is like Lara be quiet that's rude. haha greenies. Pray for Erica though, please. She's kind of stuck because she needs to move out of her ex hubby's house and she wants to find a job first to be able to take care of her kids. Elder Teasley is doing a lot better though, he speaks and understands a lot more and we've been going to work here in Dias D'avila. It's gonna be low key sad when I have to be transfered because I love this area and it's been super fun being E. Teasley's companion....I've been here forever, it feels like.
But about how I met an Apostolo of Jesus Christ on Saturday ! To start off the meeting we heard from Elder Masagarti....he didn't show up there to play. He spoke a little harshly but you could honestly feel his love for Christ and His gospel. He just spoke on how we could be better and that as missionaries or even members of the church we are to be better. There should be light in our eyes, people should want to be around us, we are his representatives. I feel like I've been becoming the best missionary that I've been so far but he made me feel like I could and should be so much better. So I accepted his invite and now I wanna pass it on to all of you. Repent and be perfected in Christ.
From Elder Anderson his focus was really on having a change of heart. He was explaining to us as missionaries we need to be changed by the gospel to be able to help others change. His wife spoke on faith in the middle of his training and her message was on faith. How every decision we make will either build or diminish our faith. Faith is a decision. It's something that comes from within yourself, no one else can have faith for you. There is no reason why we can't show faith when things don't go the way we want them to. That's what the Atonement is for. Find your knees and plead for help, your prayer will be answered. To top it all of Elder Anderson bore his testimony to us and I don't thing I'd ever felt a stronger witness that Christ lives. Me and Teasley went back home like what are we doing wrong why can't people feel like that when we bare testimony ? But honestly we just need to take their advice about conversion, faith, and light. It's not because he's an apostle that he speaks with power, it's because of what he did to get there. Christ lives for each and every one of us. To bring us all home. This is his church. He loves you all and I love you all. Until next week :D


--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment