Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Happy Independence Day!



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: July 6, 2015 at 8:37:55 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Happy Independence Day!

Yeahhhhh second coming ! I heard about Troy, sadly.....I don't really know what to say about that...It's really sad especially someone who you knew. I guess it's good the chance that this has to remind us how precious and short this life is. I heard about Bro. Nenemman too........no comment ha. And of course I heard about Boyd K. Packer and gay marriage. ay ay *shaking my head* But let's talk about happy things haha. I'll make sure to send Colby an email....how's the conversion with Brettediyah & fam going ? I know it'd be pretty hard to get the fam, but Brett should be baptized by now ! hahaha I'm glad he still keeps in touch with you all though :)

I'll put more detail into my next email to everyone but mom of course your lessons make a difference. Even if one day you get to church and the girls aren't giving any attention, teach as if they were, bare testimony, and convert yourself along with them. I finally realized (after 9 months of saying/hearing it) that I am here to learn, that callings are, for the person called, to grow just as much as the people you are serving and a lot of times even more. Keep up the good work mom you are doing great. Pray for strength to overcome your weaknesses and give thanks for the opportunity to serve. But more importantly, Live what you teach. The Lord will continue to bless you. Those girls love you ! Everyone loves you !!!

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Son...
So what is going on this week? Any fun stories? Sad stories? Conversion stories? Miracles, inspiration, and so on? Its so great to see peoples lives change and the everyday miracles of life. 
So what is going on with your companion situation? You didn't explain in the last email why you didn't have one or whats going on?? So did Elder Salgado's visa come in?
Ok so if you have a new companion tell me all about him??? I like to hear about peoples family and their stories and where they are from. 

We had a fun week. We had Colby go to Efy. He went with Clay Mecham. Masey brought them to Utah with Brooklyn. Masey was getting her fingerprints done so that she can work in Utah. She is planning on going to live at BYU in August. Brooklyn decided to stay in Utah with Chrisy and Deyja for the week. She and Deyja went to Lagoon and to the movies. Then Deyja decided to go back to Tucson because she didn't find a job in Utah. They left on Thursday and she stayed the night with us then left on Friday. The terrible thing was that her car broke down on the way to Tucson and it is gone. The engine is shot. So her friend came to Kingman to pick her up. She was so bummed but she was lucky that it died in a city because there are long stretches of nothing along that drive. I think Kevin is going to give her some cash from her trust fund for her to buy a car. I'm sure that would make her happy.
Dad went to pick Colby up at EFY and stayed with Joyce. He also stopped to visit Brayden at BYU and take him to eat and buy him some food. Poor starving student that he is. Brayden feels super busy with classes and work. Hopefully he will learn how to balance it all better so that he can start having a social life. He hasn't gone on a date yet. 
I am not sure if Colby had a good time or not at EFY. He wont tell me anything. I hope he did. He got annoyed about us asking him questions and so I stopped. He didn't want to come out and spend any time with us on July 4th. The girls wanted him to come play cards with them but he wouldn't. And he hates to swim. I don't want to loose him but I feel like he is pulling away from us. I know Kate and Eli and Shekynah can be annoying at times but Brooklyn and Masey really want to hang out with him. I feel like he will be leaving soon and might regret all the hours spent doing things of no importance. 
Brett came over on the fourth and asked us to come to his house to do fireworks that night. We did go over there and Denise had bought a bunch of fireworks. Brett had Makayla and her friend and Marvin (i think that's his name)  there also. Denise said she was feeling bad that you are getting sick so much. 
All our neighbors had awesome fireworks though...you know the illegal ones. While we were floating in the pool they were going off over our heads. It was so cool.
Oh some ward news... Bro. Nenneman is back living with his family. Don't know much about the situation but he has come to church the past few weeks. I am super happy about that. 
I'm sure the kids that email you have told you about Troy. Sad news. Life is fragile. Its even sadder when young guys die. I hate it.
I had to teach today to all the young women. The Bishop had to read a statement from the church to all the members 12 and up on the supreme court decision about legalizing gay marriage. It was basically restating the same things we know from the proclamation on the family. So that took some of my lesson time. Its strange how you can read and ponder and pray and work it all out in your mind how you want it to go and then when it happens it doesn't work out at all like you had imagined. I guess we just do the best we can. Sometimes I wonder how it all comes across and if my lessons make any difference at all. Being the leader is not my thing at all. I really like being a helper. I feel like I am really good at that. I think I am too laid back and not forceful enough to do it well. But for now it is Gods will that I do this and I am going to do my best. One thing that I am good at is loving all the young women no matter who they are. :)

As much as you love Brazil you have to admit the US is the best! I am always grateful that I was born here and that we have the freedoms that we do. Even if it is getting more and more messed up its still the greatest nation on Gods green Earth! And the worse it gets the closer we get to the second coming so bring it on baby!

Sure love you!!!
Mom
 



--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment