Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: New Land



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: March 16, 2015 at 7:21:57 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>, Colby Decker <colbydeck@gmail.com>, Masey Decker <maseydec@gmail.com>, Brooklyn Decker <brooklynchristinedeck@gmail.com>, Brayden Decker <braydeck@gmail.com>, Sandy Woll <mamawoll@gmail.com>
Subject: New Land


So I was transfered from Salvador to a city called Dias Da'Vila ! It's pretty cool here, it's way more chill and relaxed compared to Salvador which is pretty much another Sin City, but I love it. My companion is from Peru, his name is Elder Cerna and he's super legit. He speaks fluent english, portuguese, and spanish. And don't worry I'm speaking the mission language because it's kinda hard for me to speak english anyways. But he helps me out a lot if I don't know how to say something. It's funny too because this ward has a member that teaches english, and he teaches at the church too. He sounds like a surfer when he talks and it's the funniest thing ever. I really like this ward too, there are some interesting and funny people but some really cool and down to earth people too so it's perfect.

Yesterday we were at an investigadors house and her mom has Alzheimers....She doesn't like black people and the husband of the investigador is black so she curses at him and all that hahahahahaha. But I showed up there and she comes up to me, looks me in the eyes, and says, "Ele é bonito, Ele ta tudo bonito, Ele é bonito !" right, she was saying he's handsome, he's handsome ! and then she left. And then we were in the middle of the lesson, she comes out and starts saying it again, but this time she wasn't wearing any clothes............Welcome to Dias Da'Vila Elder Decker. Definitely a day that I'll never forget.

I've already had some really really really cool/spiritual experiences here and one was actually yesterday during the same lesson. The son of the investigador and his girlfriend were there too and it was the first time we had been there. And we were teaching them all and at the end I don't even remember what I asked but she was like, "Yeah I know it's true, I wouldn't be here listening still if I didn't believe it. I felt really good when you were talking so I know it's of God." But it's funny because sometimes we think that we have to command a mountain to move or call down fire from the heavens to really prove to someone that the true church of God is our church. Being a good friend towards someone and baring testimony is enough. As a member of the church, we are all missionaries and our testimonies have power behind them because of the Holy Ghost that testifies of truth. It makes me really happy to know that you all are making goals to do missionary because it is such and important work, not just because you are helping someone else receive the message of the restored gospel but because of what D&C 4 says...That you will bring salvation to your own soul.

That promise found throughout the scriptures of bringing salvation to your soul and being lifted up in the last day for doing the Lord's work and preaching his message of peace is a promise straight from God. This is his church and his work and it's a privelege to be apart of it. We are members of his church but even more than that we are kings and queens in the kingdom of God. He loves us and he has a perfect plan for each and every one of us. I love this gospel and I love all of you ! Make sure to write me !!!!

tchau !
--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment