Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: ôche



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: November 23, 2015 at 12:31:45 PM PST
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>
Subject: ôche

I don't know why my email didn't go through. I can't even find it in my sent mail box. -_- that's annoying because I think last week I wrote some good stuff but i can't remember what I wrote. Hopefully as i write this weeks letter I'll remember. 

This week was honestly kinda tough. We were teaching this 18 year old single mom, Luana, and she loves having us over and we had good experiences teaching her. But when it came time for her to be baptized, she simply didn't want to anymore....I think that's the worst feeling in the world as a missionary. You feel like it's your fault that the people don't accept the message and you wanna do everything in your power to help open the eyes of these people so they can know of how much more they can have if they choose to follow Christ and His church. We went home yesterday night and I was feeling really down because of Luana and as I was praying I remembered the prophecy of Paul to the Phillipians of how every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. And that is exactly what Luana did, she knew exactly what was expected of her. But in those verses to the phillipians nowhere does it say the every man will follow. I remembered of how Nefi being the great missionary that he was even had to shed tears because of the iniquity and hardened hearts of the people. 

But on the other hand I have good news too. We are planning on having another baptism next week, it's just that she has to work out her problems with keeping the sabbath day holy. She's not gonna be able to leave her job but she is gonna talk to her boss to try and not work Sundays. Please keep her in your prayers..(Juliane).  

Remember the talk that Elder Holland gave when he talked to us about how just before the 1st vision, Satan tried to stop it by binding the tongue of Joseph, but because he opened his mouth arguably the greatest moment in modern revelation occured, but only because Joseph opened his mouth. Do not let Satan bind your tongue whether it be to confess sins, fix problems within the family, or spread the good tidings of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Because may you can be the source of something great in your life or the life of others.


--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment