Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: hi

:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: May 4, 2015 at 9:41:10 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: hi

So this week was pretty lame and nothing happened. So this emails gonna be a little short. I taught lessons, went to church, talked to some people in the street, studied, slept (barely), and now it's P-Day and I get to sleep some more :) The daughter of a recent convert was baptized this last week so that was amazing of course ! The man we baptized (Alaelson) is getting married and we're gonna be the 2 testimonies hahaha yeah Im a boss, I know dis ! We're teaching his lady and a handful of other people. We set a couple of batismal dates for this weekend so let's see if we can have a baptism this week or not. Our recent convert, Aline, is a freaking boss ! She's been pretty depressed this last week because her family is still the same way and is having a hard time changing so we've been visiting her and her mom a lot this week. I know she's strong though, she'll be able to keep the faith. 

Next week it's US !!!! Mother's Day :D Skype :D Yes :D 

Elder Pollard went home.....i cried.....sike but seriously I'm gonna miss him. I can't help but feel like we were meant for eachother.....pause......that was awkward hahaha. But seriously he was an amazing missionary and he taught me so much in the short time that I served with him. The funny thing is, is he said that he still doesn't know anything. I guess it's true that you don't become a good missionary until you go home. I honestly don't know if that phrase works in that situation with Elder Pollard but I've heard it a few times and it made sense and I liked it...

I was talking with Elder Cerna this week and we were talking about the Atonement of Christ and how in such short time, I've felt it in my life in so many ways. When I feel like he's forgot about me is usually when he comes to the rescue ha. I've never found myself on my knees as much as I do when I'm here in Brasil, I've never prayed the way I've prayed here but it's such a sweet feeling. This isn't church doctrine or anything but to me I feel like when Christ was praying to Father, pleading to know if there was a less excruciating way, is when Christ was most strongest. When he spoke to God and he did exactly what God the Father wanted. In the scriptures we read how the angel attended to him. Christ will be much more than an angel to us if: 1. we're worthy of his love and 2. if we seek his love. Finally, it's starting to make sense how Jeffery R. Holland says that the Atonement of Christ will carry the missionaries more than their investigators. Think of the last time you sincerely prayed. Maybe, a loved one was suffering health wise, or you were asking for more peace and joy in your life, or you were asking for forgiveness for a wrong you've done. But, the way you pray and plead and shed tears is how you should pray every time you kneel before God. I promise you as small as you may feel sometimes, he hears every last word that is cried out to him and he sends His Son to heal physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

I love all you so much and thank you so much for all of the emails. yall are seriously amazing and each one of you inspire me and help me to be better each day. Wish your mommas a happy mothers day ! (Don't forget, please, that would be really bad for you and your next birthday.) 

Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment