Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd:



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: March 14, 2016 at 2:10:33 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>

Sounds like it was a week full of big news. It's always good to hear about what's going on. I feel like so much goes on outside of Bahia, Brasil and life just stands still here ha. The best news was definitely about Colby's soon to be mission call. I liked your Adele outfit too mom hahahahah :D Oh and I was really happy to hear about the Neneman (spellcheck) family going through the temple together...not gonna lie I got a little emotional ha but that's awesome. I wish I was there to see it. The Atonement is amazing. The work here is going. We have a 20 year old single mom that is really liking the church. Her name is Mary Kelly. She's super cool and she's probably gonna be our next baptism because Linda and Alexandre are having trouble progressing... The work here is really different in Salvador and it's a little frustrating at times but it's okay, it's making me stretch and learn. 

What influenced me to change where my life was heading ? hahaha ummmm I guess it was a few things. I mean I always knew what was right and what was wrong so I for me I just decided to grow up and do what God commanded me to do. I had had my own experiences and spiritual confirmations that this church really was true so I never doubted that. I thinked I grew a little tired of being ungrateful knowing that God and my parents had given me so much even though I didn't deserve the slightest bit of it. I don't know if you guys remember that movie about the 2 elders who are kidnapped in Russia but he was talking about why he decided to serve a mission. He gave the example of Christ....you know Christ didn't want to be whipped and spit on. He didn't want to suffer the way He did...but he did it because He loved His father, or in my case I decided to serve a mission and change because I loved my parents: Doyle, Robin, Nicole, and most importantly my Father in Heaven. I don't know if that's what you wanted but those are some things that influenced me. 

The church is true and God loves us. Let's show him the love he deserves through our words and through our actions.


--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment