Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Yes



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: June 1, 2015 at 12:55:53 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Yes

I can't believe L. Tom Perry died....sad for us but not as much for him and Heavenly Father ha.

So I'm feeling a lot better this week ha. I stayed in Dias D`avila but I got a new companion. His name is Elder Salgado, he's waiting for his visa to go serve in the United States. He's a cool kid and he's a great teacher, he learned alot from his dad about the gospel and so we talk a lot about deep doctrine and stuff like that. The work is going really well, the last week of the last transfer was pretty ugly since I was sick but we're finding a lot of new people to teach and pretty much starting fresh. Our recent converts are all doing great so I can't complain all that much. With a lot of change this last week it's been a lot of work and I'm super tired but I feel so good (doesn't make sense huh ?) ha. I don't know I've always been a person that's motivated by harsh words ha like sometimes when a person tries to motivate me but just tells me I'm great and I can be better, a lot of times doesn't motivate me. So we were eating lunch here in Salvador and a member was talking to me and we were having a super cool conversation. And I can't remember how it came up but Elder Herrera was saying that I was a trunky missionary, and then of course the other 3 had to join in ha. And the member that was talking with me said, "Elder are you trunky ?" and i said, "Yeah, but it's when I'm not doing anything, so mostly just when we're at home." and he said,  "Elder, being trunky is lack of focus." You will not reach your potencial as a missonary if you are not focused." And without a doubt this week was a lot different it was amazing to feel the difference. I already was feeling like a good missonary, who was changing, while changing other peoples lives but this week, with more work, and more prayer, and more fasting, and more responsiblity was like another level. Don't worry, I didn't forget of anyone at home, I could never forget about you all ! But, to be completely emerged in this work is one of the best feelings, if not THE best.

So the other 2 missionaries that are living with us are 1: american who's going home after this transfer, and 2: a brand new missoinary who doesn't speak Portugues very well ha. It's super funny because he says wow (in portugues) for everything and he still hasn't figured out why we laugh everytime he says it. hahah he's from El Salvador.

I'm reading Doctrine and Covenants now.............wow......................it's really sad to know of all the things I was missing out on before ha...

Yesterday we had a Devotional at the church. The 2 wards got together and had a family night. It was good because a lot of non members went to. The message was everyone's favorite subject.......*drum roll*........MISSIONARY WORK / FAMILY HISTORY ! Yesterday night was one of the most spiritual and touching things that I've experienced. Speaking more to the non member they shared the importance of prophets and the restoration and the priesthood authority. Explaining how we can help those that have passed on to enter into the kingdom of God with baptism and other ordenancas. And speaking more to the members, how we need to use this gift that was given to us. First off, a person that does not do missionary work (family history is missionary work) cannot be exalted, and secondly, imagine the amount of sadness our ancestors have when they wait day after day and we are not looking for their names and trying to give them a chance to accept the gospel of Jesus Cristo. We as members of the true church of God have the responsibility to privilege to be apart of the greatest work there is. Let's not forget of those that have passed on. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of God. It was restored by the Son of God through the prophet Joseph Smith and is guided today by the Savior Jesus Christ through a living prophet. God lives and this is his gospel.

Until next week ! I love you so so so much !

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment