Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Graças a Ele :D

 

On Apr 13, 2015, at 11:12 AM, Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com> wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: April 13, 2015 at 6:49:39 AM PDT

Sooooooo, I'm glad that everyone thought it was funny that we have rats !!! -_- it was pretty funny though, but the day that one crawls into my bed while I'm sleeping is the day that I move in with a member. With or without my companinon. We cleaned our house though because it was pretty sad how dirty it was before. We didn't have energy one night because it rained so badly, that was fun. Being in the rain that day was.......good. We finally just gave up on trying to avoid the flooding in the streets hahaha. We got to an investigators house, helped her clear out all the water in her house and then taught her a lesson while we were completely soaked but it was a good lesson.

So I finally went to the hospital for my stomach. They stuck me with a needle and gave me some vitamins and other business but don't worry, I went to the good hospital and now I'm fine. I'd been having stomach pains and usually just brushed it off but that day it was on another level ha.

This week I started a new habit of washing the dishes at people houses after lunch and I had to fight a lady because she wouldn't let me but I won...barely.

The work is going. It's kind of hard because either our investigators travel, don't have time, or don't go through with things like reading the book of mormon and going to church but I love them so I won't give up. One of my favorite things to study is the life of Jesus Christ and this week I've been studying about the Atonement. When I think about My Savior I can't even begin to imagine the love he has for us, it makes me want to cry that he willingly went through with that for all of us. Not that he wanted or liked to be whipped and spit upon or rejected or suffer the way that he did but He loved his father and he loved each one of us more than any man can comprehend. But specifically this week I learned what the word grace really means and what it means to be saved by grace. The grace of God/Jesus Christ and the way it works is sometimes misunderstood. The grace of God and blessing of the Atonement work in your life when you can't go anymore. When it hurts to support one more moment of pain, or agony, or guilt and you've done ALL you can do. We cannot and will not live this life happy and pain free, supporting all of the day to day struggles and difficulties alone, it just won't happen....But with Him we can. With Him all things are possible.When Joseph Smith was in prison, his brother Hyrum read to him the passage from Ether 12 that helps me soooo much in my personal life : thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.  This life is not easy, and salvation definitely is not easy. But the path to salvation, the path to those mansions,where we'll find a state of complete bliss and perfection, where our Loving Heavenly Father is waiting for us will be ours one day if we use the Atonement of Christ in our lives. Jesus is the Christ and he lives to bring us all home. He appeared to Joseph Smith standing side by side with the Father of all things and of all people. Keep praying becaue God is listening. Stay strong because you will be made stronger. I love each and every one of you and I'm so grateful to have you all as a part of my life ! Until next week Americanos !!!

P.S. If you're reading this, you're awesome.

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment