Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Mais um

 forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: July 20, 2015 at 5:00:09 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>
Subject: Mais um

One more week gone, it was pretty chill. Actually it was terrible because no one would let us teach them but it's okay because I'll find a way to teach them. Ya. I'm exhausted right now because this is usually my day to sleep and watch movies but we went to the beach today. It was super fun though, It was my 1st time at a Brasilian Beach, I saw some things that I didn't want to.....or need to but it happens. 

My companion is super good, he's speaking more and more everyday. I'm actually surprised at the things he can already understand, it's just the speaking part and I need to be better and speak more Portugues with him.....that's kind of my fault but we'll fix it. It's funny though because sometimes he'll understand everything except the word that makes the biggest difference in the sentence and then answers and that's not good ha. We were at lunch and the sister in the ward was like, "Elders I'm sorry, is the food bad?" and he goes, "Sim, muito" (Yes, really bad) and I was just like sorry he got here a week ago hahahaha. It's being really good being his companion though, he teaches me things everyday and I'm the one training ha. It's good to know that president trusts me with a newbie.

I'm really short on time but something I was thinking a lot about the importance of the scriptures and why we need to study. Just some ideas I had, but how the scriptures tell us that we'll be judged based on what is written, and how the words of God will tell us all things that we need to do. Daily scripture STUDY is how we receive revelation, and salvation can't be reached without relevation. Sooooooo STUDY STUDY STUDY, it's good for you. 

That's all. Love you all ! Beijos 

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment