Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: A Família !



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: April 27, 2015 at 4:09:51 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>, Colby Decker <colbydeck@gmail.com>, Dallin Gibson <dallingibson123@gmail.com>, Brooklyn Decker <brooklynchristinedeck@gmail.com>, Masey Decker <maseydec@gmail.com>, Brayden Decker <braydeck@gmail.com>, Brett Meci <brettbeastmo13@yahoo.com>, Brendan Tanner <brendan.tanner@myldsmail.net>, vance hardinger <vahardinger@gmail.com>
Subject: A Família !

Oi ! Familia ! How's life in Sin City ? Things are pretty chill here in Dias D'Avila, Bahia ! Everyone's internet was horrible today so that's why I'm writing email's so late. 

This week was pretty chill. I don't remember if I already told you all this story but this old lady came up to me one day, in the middle of a conversation, and said, "Do you want to trade umbrellas with me ?" And obviously I said no and she got mad. She started cussing me out and making a scene. And today I saw her on the street again and so we crossed the street and pratically ran from her because she saw us hahahaha. Good times here in Brasil. I went to the salon today because I had an ingrown toenail. I have a video that I'll try and send to y'all but it was pretty hilarious ha. But after she took my nail out, she gave me a pedicure, so now my feet are pretty ;) 

There were 2 baptisms in our ward this Saturday and they were amazing like always. It's one of the best things that I get to see as a missionary. I was so happy for Aline and Alaelson. At the end of the baptismal service they both bore perfect, innocent, powerful testimonies of the church and of the Book of Mormon and everything and that honestly was the best part of it all. Seeing the change and desire in a person and seeing witnessing them partaking of the atonement of Jesus Christ in their life. I was beyond happy. 

Oh and I gave a talk this Sunday on missionary work. I don't know if it came out the way I wanted it too but I was talking with Elder Cerna and out of no where he told me that my talked helped him to think a little differently of missionary work. I don't say that to be GH (proudful, boastful, etc...) but every day more and more I see was the Lord means when he says that he will make weak things strong. And because thou hast seen thy weakness, though shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father. I'm definitely not a spiritual giant or an outstanding missionary with everything that every missionary desires but I can be the Lord's servant do his work with love and obedience.   
In my talk I tried to get the point across that true missionary work is essential (and I stole a few of Jeffery Holland's words ha). I mean, I think that's why the scriptures speak of missionary work so often and how it will bring salvation to not only those you serve but to your soul too. I say true missionary work because missionary work isn't just giving the Elders referals. That's great, but we ourselves need to be the ones making the difference in the world, not just the 19 and 20 year olds with the name tags. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all the heart, all the soul, and all thy mind. And by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love one to another. We are the church of Jesus Christ, this is his gospel and he tells us to be as he is. So, we have billions of people to bless, spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally.We can't keep these eternal blessings that we don't deserve to ourselves. How great will be that day, when we meet our maker standing side by side with those that we helped along the way and , he asks us..."Did you love me?" and we can say, with our heads high and love in our eyes that we not only loved God the Father but his children too. It's not about us, as much as we may want it to be, and until love of God and love of neighbor rules this word we can't look back. 

We have a work to do and it honestly means the world to be apart of it. I love this gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love each and every one of you and I can't wait to read your letters. Have an awesome week ! Write me doe ;)
-- 
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment