Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd:



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: May 2, 2016 at 2:31:46 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>

Hi momma
Things are going well with my companion. There are times where I wish that he would talk more and be a little more assertive because it seems like I do most of the work but other than that we get along perfectly fine. The elders in our zone are doing a lot better. We all are actually, hopefully this transfer we'll see more baptisms. We have a couple people that we're teaching and it's going well but we're still looking for our elect souls who are just waiting for us to invite them to be baptized ha. We'll find them soon.

How was our Sunday ? I fasted for Masey ! and we left the house at like 7 or 730 to bring all of the people that said they would go to church with us on Sunday. so after 2 hours of walking we ended up at the chapel alone...I'm not gonna lie I wanted to cry. I had so many emotions mixed in and I felt like I had worked so hard this last week for nothing. So we were sitting in sacrament meeting and I was looking around and I saw a recent convert sitting next to her brother (who isn't a member). We found out later that he was a little more interested in the church and he told us that we could teach start teaching him. I already knew him and I was so desperate for something good to happen so I hugged him for a good 7 minutes hahaha. That was a tender mercy from the Lord. I repented for thinking that I was wasting my time and thinking that my efforts were worthless and that God wasn't watching. I remembered how Sister Lisonbee one time told us that it's necessary for us to feel alone sometimes. That's the only way we can grow. But when the spirit does take a step back and let us handle things on our own we don't have to tests God's patience and sin or forget about him. God lives and he watches over us at all times. When the Savior felt like God had abandoned him he didn't give up and quit. He kept fighting until the fight was completely finished. And because of that He could say, "Into THY hands, I commend my spirit." and the savior of the world was received in the spirit world by God's open arms the same way we will be if we fight until our fight is completely over.

Man I'm super jealous that you guys got to hear Elder Holland speak 😑Thanks for the notes though.
I think mothers day is this weekend right ? So I'm excited for that.
but....

i love youuuuuuu
talk/see you soon
take care
abraço




--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        MissĂŁo Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment