Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd:



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: October 5, 2015 at 1:30:00 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>

If there was only one thing I could say I learned after one year on the mission, I'd say it was the true meaning of the word love. Jeffery R. Holland gives a moving talk on missionary work. He let's us know that salvation is not an easy task so don't think that you or your investigators are gonna achieve easily. Isn't wasn't ever easy for the Savior of the world......."When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out and made a hiss and a byword, you are standing shoulder to shoulder with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life that has ever lived. You have every reason to stand tall and be grateful that the Living Son of the Living God knows all about your sorrows and afflictions."  - Jeffery R. Holland

I have learned to truly feel that love in my life. When I kneel down in secret prayer and cry out Aba, papa the same way Christ did, he has sent angels to comfort me and let me know that everything will be okay. 
The second part about love is that the only way to truly love God and Christ is found in the story of Peter. When Christ comes back and finds the apostolos fishing he asks, "do you love me more than these fish?.. Then feed my sheep, Peter, but do it forever. You can't go back, please don't go because if you do you will break my heart and the heart of God himself. If you love me then take care of my people, serve your neighbors, smile, show kindness and love the way I love. 
That is of course is the way Christ loved us, and none of us are greater than he is. But that also is the only way to be a true disciple of Christ and to know what happiness and peace truly are. 
The church of Christ were restored to the prophet Joseph Smith to give us this road map on how to be brought into the presence of our God. Love God and the rest will work itself out. Make plans to obey and pray for help to carry out whatever may be the will of The Father. There is no love like the love of Jesus the Christ. 

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment