Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Mothers Day



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: May 11, 2015 at 7:27:20 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Mothers Day

Mamãe e Papai ! Hi dad it was so so so so so so good to see you all yesterday ! I was honestly so anxious the entire day to talk with everyone. But yeah I'd say I'm in the swing of things now. It's really incredible the experiences that I'm having. Like I said yesterday, by far, my favorite thing to do is teach. One of my focuses as a missionary is always trying to have the spirit with me. And to feel the spirit work through you to touch the heart of an investigator is the sweetest thing in the world.

The kids here in Brasil are honestly the best. I've already decided I'm gonna adopt a little light skinned baby girl from here haha. By the way, how's the marriage hunt going for the return missionaries from the Decker fam ? Tell Masey that Elder Pollard's planning on visiting the ward, he already went home the last transfer ;)

But yeah I like to study now ! Only church books and magazines but yeah. I was kind of surprised the day that I realized that I was enjoying reading and I wanted to read more. I don't know I just feel at peace when I read the scriptures. And for Colby and whoevers getting ready to serve a mission, advice that I would give is none.....there's no hope for you all just come and deal with it all. hahahahahaha I'm kidding I'm kidding, It's kind of hard to just pick one thing to say because I learn SOOOOOO much just in one lesson that I teach ha. But I'd say 3 things that stand out to me right now are: 1. Always have the end in mind. (How you want to feel at the end of the day, how you want your investigator/companion to feel at the end of the day, how you want to feel or be at the end of your mission, etc.) 2. Whatever plan or goal that you have, pray as if everything depended on the Lord and work and fight as if everything depended on you. and 3. EXACT OBIDIENCE. Which is the hardest thing but it's funny because we always act like commandments are restrictions to fun or freedom. There is no freedom or happiness that comes from sin and disobidience. The Lord always has more to offer than what he has to ask.


But Mom, Happy Mothers Day. I was reading my Patriarchal blessing the other day and it brought tears to my eyes to know that the Lord planned on putting you in my life and how greatful I am to know that. I couldn't have asked for anything better than to have the 2 best moms that anyone could ask for. Yesterday in sacrament meeting was just too much, it kind of sucks because now anything spiritually touching brings tears to my eyes but I thought of how lucky I am to have a woman like you in my life and the opportunity I have to call you Mom. It would take a life time to repay you for all that you've done for me and sadly, all that I've put you through, but I will try my hardest, you deserve that much. You might not have given birth to me but you are my mother and I love you. Nothing will ever change that.

Talk to you next week <3




--
Élder Seraphin Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment