Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: howdy




From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: April 26, 2016 at 11:26:28 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: howdy

So my new companions name is Elder Tzep he's from Guatemala. He's really really really......really short so everyone thinks it's funny that me and him are companions ha. He reminds me a lot of Colby so it's been pretty cool to be with him. I would send a picture but my cameras having some technical difficulties these days so that's gonna have to wait. Elder Oliveira is missed of course, he's in Jacobina (the area I started my mission in) training a new missionary and yeah I'm still zone leader. We had a really good week this week so I'm excited about this transfer. 
About school and what not, I still have to talk to the coach a little more to get things sorted out a little better. 

For my birthday....like you said birthdays aren't really that fun anymore so whatever you send I'll be happy ha. 

Amanda got married !? wow. Did you know that Elder Teasley knows her too ? kinda....but anyways that's cool. If you get the chance, tell her I said Congratulations :)

That made me happy to hear about Autumn. It's even better because Porter brought her to the missionaries..good job Porter ! :D 

I've played the piano a couple times here so yeah I've been able to use that on my mission. 

Speaking of your class, there's a sister here in the ward that was telling me about how she has to speak to americans on skype every week because she's taking english classes. it must be the same program that you're involved in. 

So we just got back from the zoo with President. we switched our P-Day to today so that's why I didn't get on yesterday. We have a couple meetings with him tomorrow which should be good. It's funny because everyone's always talking about how my mission's ending but to me it still feels like that day doesn't exist ha. It was the same thing when I was waiting to leave for my mission, I felt like the day would never come then it just snuck up on me ha. But I don't really know how to feel about it, I just try to take advantage of the little time I have left. I won't lie I'm tired ha but I always seem to find a way to find some strength to finish out the day. I had a dream that I had gone home and I woke pretty scared with tears in my eyes ha. I'm excited to be home soon but I'm for sure gonna miss Brasil. But the biggest blessing that I've gained from the mission is definitely the chance I have to come to know the Savior and understand His love for me. 

God lives. We are all His children and he loves us with a perfect and infinite love. He made a plan for all of us to find joy and peace and to one day live with him again. So, He sent His son, Jesus Christ to be our Savior. God the Father and His son Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in 1820 and through him restored the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Bible is true. The Book of Mormon is also true. This is God's true church. 

Thank you all again for everything. 
Deus esteja convosco

Joshua 3:5

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment