Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Festas !

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: June 29, 2015 at 10:16:52 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Festas !

So this week was.....hard haha. There's a holiday call São João where everyone celebrates the birth of John the Baptist. Here in Brasil, holidays last at least a week. And it's not only the big holiday's but the small ones too. A lot of iniquity but it's cool. It was almost impossible to teach people because everyone was partying or traveling. We did a lot of walking this week. I'm waiting for my new companion to get here so I've been going out with a young man in the ward. His names Junior and he's a super cool kid. He's super excited to serve a mission in 2 years, he loves to learn and it's just been really cool going out with him. I gave him a break these last couple of days because he's been pretty much dead haha. I'm pretty much dead so imagine being him.

It's been good though, to see the Lord's hand in my life. To feel my prayers becoming more and more sincere and really see the Lord taking care of me. Even with this week being hard and dragged out I was still able to find ways to be happy and keep the work going. I think my mom will have a heart attack when she reads this but studying is honestly one of my favorite parts of the day. I love teaching but to study and be taught with the Spirit is a really good feeling too. Hopefully I can carry that with me for the rest of my life ha.

I don't have much to write this week but know that everythings suave here in Brasil ! Love you alllllllllll tchau ! Until next week :)

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment