Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Rice and Beans



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: March 2, 2015 at 6:59:51 AM PST
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, Colby Decker <colbydeck@gmail.com>, Brooklyn Decker <brooklynchristinedeck@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>, Dallin Gibson <dallingibson123@gmail.com>, Brayden Decker <brayden.decker@myldsmail.net>, Masey Decker <maseydec@gmail.com>, pmiangala <pmiangala@gmail.com>, Kaci Eliason <kaci.eliason@gmail.com>, Courtney Stout <cstout72@gmail.com>, Andrew Mott <andrewmott2@gmail.com>, Sandy Woll <mamawoll@gmail.com>, Blaise Frei <b.christopherfrei@gmail.com>, Matthew Bowers <matttyb35@yahoo.com>, Brett Meci <brettbeastmo13@yahoo.com>, Devon Fuentes <dfuentes825@icloud.com>
Subject: Rice and Beans

So i'm in a city called Pirajá right now, visiting Elder Adams ! Yeah I'm really hungry. Elder Adams is so cool and funny. He always has a story to tell hahahhaa. I missed him, maybe this transfer we'll be companions, that'd be dope.

Sooooooooooo I actually didn't end up going to the beach -_- and I don't think I'm gonna have another chance to go, this transfer because the next transfer is March 10th....but it's okay. Elder Pollard misses you all too, he was telling me that he's gonna email you mom and that he's gonna visit Las Vegas in April or May. He's awesome. I love being around him all the time. I feel like I'm learning so much from him. We were talking yesterday because we were on a splits so I got to work with him some more but I feel like there's something more to why I'm here in Salvador working with him. To me he's not just another missionary that I met. I would say that he's the best missionary that I've met but even if he wasn't an assistent and a great missionary, there's still that feeling of something more. He said that when he was in Barreirras that he had a thought/feeling that it'd be cool if I served in Salvador with him and here I am ha. He said that an apostle one time said that our callings are the same callings that we have after this life. I could go on and on about him but I won't bore everyone to death. 
Anyways this week was a really good one actually. We're planning on 2-3 baptisms this weekend. Church was packed yesterday, a couple of less actives that we're working with and one of our investigators bore her testimony yesterday...WHAT...She's awesome. It's weird because I get so happy to see things like that and 5 months ago I wouldn't have even noticed that she bore her testimony. But as a missionary I have the privilege of really seeing the Atonement of Jesus Christ in peoples life, and in my life. Jeffery R. Holland said one time that all that God has ever had to work with is imperfect people (besides Jesus Christ) but in Ether we learn of how things are made strong because of those weaknesses. Sometimes I just sit back for a minute and think of the countless number of miracles that the Lord has made happen through me and there's nothing better than seeing someones life completely change just based on the fact they have a loving Heavenly Father and a savior Jesus Christ that gave his life for them. 

Just a story really quick...There was a missionary once upon a time, I won't say his name but he was a good missionary. He obeyed the mission rules, he tried to study Jesus' life and literally imitate him. He wasn't close to perfect but he tried his hardest. He felt like he wasn't a good missionary at times and that lead to thoughts like "Maybe I'm not worthy." and "I don't think that god has forgiven me, that's why I'm not accomplishing my goals." He was talking one night with another Elder and this Elder had a unique gift, he was really in tune with the spirit like all the time and he used that to help people in so many different ways. This Elder felt a need to talk with the other Elder, and when they were talking he decided to talk about repentance and forgiveness. He was explaining to him that there are 2 sides in all things and feelings like those do not come from the good side. He went on explaining that you let those thoughts stay in your head because you need to forgive yourself. And then he told this other Elder "Elder, your sins are forgiven." Now this missionary hadn't said anything to anybody and anything but somehow the other missionary knew exactly what that other Elder was feeling. But, honestly that wasn't a missionary speaking, that was God speaking through that Elder.

We all have things that we are ashamed of, but we don't have to carry these things with us. The beautiful concept of repentance includes you forgiving yourself too. Jesus Christ payed that price of pain, guilt, suffering so that you wouldn't have to. Let him work within you and partake of the blessings of The Atonement. 

I love you all so much ! But you're Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ love y'all so much more. Never forget that. Thank you all for everything that y'all do for me :) 

Until next week 

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment