Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: IT'S A BOY

: IT'S A BOY

So 9 months later I'm gonna have my first son ! *tears up a little* *wipes tears* *looks to see if anyone was looking* Tomorrow I'm gonna get my first son of my mission, for those who don't know what I'm talking about...I'm gonna train a missionary. He's gonna get here tomorrow all brand new with bright white shirts and shoes untouched. I'm super excited ha. I'll send pictures next week!

I got to play basketball this morning, andddddddd.....I still got it baby ! ha it felt good to play again. All those school: Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Syracuse, etc. are gonna regret sleeping on me.

This week was pretty good, it's really hard being a missionary without a companion, doing literally everything by yourself ha. But since I'm gonna be training a new Elder I don't think a lot's gonna change ha. Oh well, I'm ready !

Yesterday at church in the quorum meeting we talked about conversion. More importantly the difference between a person that has a testimony and a person that is converted. I love the example of Paul how he was in jail with some other dudes and he was singing hymns, praying, being of good cheer. And some guy comes up to him and asks him what he needs to do to be saved. Paul didn't say anything to the guy, but the guy wanted to be just like him. It made me think about how I act and the things I do on a day to day basis. When people look at me do they see a 19 year old kid that is serving a mission or do they see a disciple of Christ. When I'm before my maker after this life, am I gonna be embarrassed to look him in the eyes or am I gonna be able to look at him with trust in my decisions that I made on earth. When people talk about me are they gonna say that I made a difference in their lives and they wanted to be better because of me ? We a lot of times talk of how we want to be great. How we want to reach our potential and change lives. If that's a goal you have, then truly convert yourself. Change, who you are inside, how you think, what you look at, where you want to be/go. Bible and Book of Mormon stories are not just to be admired but to be imitated and copied. Why can't I be a great missionary like Paul or Nefi ? Why can't people speak well about me the way people talk about Moroni ? They can and you will make a difference in many lives.


--

Élder Serph Alain Decker

        Missão Brasil Salvador 

A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos

            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment