Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Ó Gente !



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Karen Dietlein <kdietlein@gmail.com>
Date: March 26, 2015 at 8:53:24 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ó Gente !

Wow Robin! He is so awesome!! I love how he shares all that he is learning and his testimony is growing so strong. You must be so proud Mama!!

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com> wrote:
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: March 23, 2015 at 6:58:37 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Ó Gente !

        Olaaaaaa ! So this girl in sacrament meeting gave a 5 minute prayer......that's what the evangelical church does to people out here hahahaha

      This week was a really good week up until yesterday when nobody came to church.....Oh well, there's always next week. We really are seeing miracles here in Dias D'Avila. We met a guy that wasn't baptized the first time he met the missionaries because he wasn't married legally but now he's single and still wants to be baptized! God is good all the time! We're gonna eat lunch at his house today. We have other investigators too but he was the big news of this week :D

       My new companion is super super cool. He was telling me how he was before the mission. He didn't really like people in general hahahaha but he said I'm easy to get along with and he can be himself around me. He can be a little timid but I love that kid. He's been trying to kill all of the "cupins" (I forgot the word in English but they're the little bugs the eat wood and make trails and it's disgusting) in our house with bug spray hahahaha. Our house is pretty sad, we're trying to find another house to move into.

       Tomorrow we're going to Salvador for a Zone Conference and I get to bare my testimony about Family History! I'm excited too because I get to see Elder Pollard. I need to get out of this city for a little bit anyways, naked grandmas and crazy members. hahaha ahhh I love Brasil!

I'm sorry I don't really have a lot to say this week but just one thing that I'm learning out here in the streets of Bahia, Brasil is about faith and humility. I was talking with an Elder and I realized that as Americans we don't have a lot of faith and humility. A phrase that everyone here says is, "If God wants to..." In a talk by David A. Bednar he was talking about faith that God can perform miracles. That doesn't necessarily mean that he'll make everything right in that exact moment. Faith that he is a God of miracles or that he can perform a miracle is much more important than faith that he will perform a miracle. His will is ALWAYS and will always be better than what we want. I hope all that made sense because I'm trying to express what I'm thinking ha but what I wanna say in closing is that God is our Loving Heavenly Father. Accepting his will during easy times and hard times will always make us more happy than our own will. When you think of Jesus Christ that was perfect and full of hope and love and happiness. He was the only person that did every single thing according to the will of his Father. So, the more we can become submissive and faithful like he is, the happier we will be.

I love you all so much ! Talk to you next week ! Beijo !



--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.



No comments:

Post a Comment