Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Like Father Like Son



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: August 3, 2015 at 11:33:05 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Like Father Like Son

So me and Teasly got matching haircuts......My baby's growing up.......chilllllllll......ha This week was okay in terms of investigators, but really really good in terms of everything else ha. Elder Teasley and I have really been working hard to be better in general. To just do the little things that'll make the difference in the end. We're speaking more Português and he's getting a lot better with that. We are talking to everyone in the street, finding prepared people, and making plans to change this ward around but more importantly we're having fun and we're growing. (spiritually, not physically because we don't eat). I feel like our companionship works out because we are a lot alike. Sometimes I get impatient but he's always super chill about things. I feel like we are gonna do big things here in Dias D´avila.

Sooooo, what's new ? Me and Teasley have started getting up a little early to have more time to workout in the morning, he's all worried because an inverstigator said he's skinnier and I'm not gonna turn down time to get some shots up at the church.

This girl in the ward asked me to sing at her wedding :o I don't even know when it is but I'm practicing a bunch of beatles songs because she likes the beatles a lot.

These couple weeks have made me fall to my knees a couple times but I'm grateful for experiences like those even though when you're going through them, they're not fun. But that's where my strength comes from, my loving Father in heaven and His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Remember that faith/trust in God is knowing that he CAN make things better, not necessarily that he will. God lives, and he knows each and every one of us individually. He loves us with an infinite love that can only be felt through the teachings and ordenancas of the restored church of Jesus Christ. God is with us.

 

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment