Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Yeahhhhhhhh



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: March 9, 2015 at 8:18:23 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: Yeahhhhhhhh

So we didn't have any baptisms this week but I realized that's it's okay. There was an Elder once upon a time that said "It's not your baptism, it's our baptism. So it doesn't matter who baptizes who." But I feel like I left my mark on Salvador, Brasil. On to the next one now. Transfers are tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous. I don't like surprises but it's all good. 

Good to hear everything's all good in Las Vegas. I imagined it'd be tough for Brayden to be home after the mission. He'll be okay though :) Tell Vance I said hi if you can ! I heard about Colby's ankle sprain. haha I can definitely relate to that, I've sprained my ankle so many times that nothing happens when I twist it haha. I heard Kate's playing really well, it's defintely in our blood ! I'm a little sad to hear that about Andrew....I stay in contact and I try to put little things about the gospel but talking with Americans is a little different than talking with Brasilians about the gospel (in some aspects). But don't worry, he'll find his way back. Brett will come around too, it's cool to see him grow up I'm so happy for him ! Not that he's leaving basketball but that he's realizing that there are more important things, now he just needs to realize that it's the gospel lol. 

I was talking with Elder Allison the other day and we were talking about our calling as missionaries and how we're here in Brasil and we see things that we had never seen before. It's really sad to see the way Satan can have power over a man's heart. I love reading about Captain Moroni and the 2000 stripling warriors because I feel like a warrior sometimes ha. But seriously it's a war, and there are only casualties, no prisoners. In Alma it talks about how Moroni was a true man of God, how he kept the commandmants and fought with his life to protect those around him too. And the scriptures promise us that if we are like Moroni, the devil will not have power over us. That's a pretty big promise. The 2000 stripling warriors, when they fought they didn't take prisoners, they "administered death unto ALL those that opposed them." You cannot show mercy to an enemy like Satan because he stops at nothing. It's really sad to see this in peoples lives that I love and so if you are reading this, be like Moroni and fight, fight with everything you have to be avoid being a casualty of Satan. A good friend of mine (my dad) said one time that Light always overcomes darkness. I know that's true. I know that my savior and master Jesus Christ lives and he will be at our side every step of the way, no matter how easy or hard. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who answers our prayers. I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is God's kingdom on this earth and the only true church of God and it's teaching of peace and love brings TRUE happiness. 

I love you all so much and I can't wait to hear from you all next week ! Tchau tchau queridos !!! 
 
P.S. The picture is of a less active family we helped re activate and the guy behind me is an investigator that went out with us that day (He a beast. He bares testimony and everything. He wanted to serve a mission but he already has a son.)



--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment