Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: ETA NOIS !



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: January 18, 2016 at 2:26:31 PM PST
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>
Subject: ETA NOIS !

Boa Noite ! 

Sorry i'm writing so late but it's because of the pictures you just received in your inbox. We finally got Juliane baptized, and her son William ! There's not a better way to start the week off. The baptism was great, everything was great, I'm happy. The only thing that went wrong was that she had asked for Elder Ramirez to baptize her and he ended up in another city....-_- how he did that, I don't know but we waited forever for him and he never showed up ha. She was cool about it though, Elder Luz baptized her. I wanna thank you all for your prayers because without them, this one wouldn't have gone through. I'd never seen so many things go wrong to get in the way of sometimes baptism but she was strong and I'm super proud of her and William. 

Glad to hear that Brooklyn is staying away from the boys and that Shekynah is the next Martin Luther King Jr. (woman version). My family is the best. I hope you all know that I love you to death. I feel like that's not something I say enough but I love you all so much. Being out here has changed me, I don't know why but I think of you all and realize how much you all mean to me. Please forgive me for being ungrateful and immature when i was at home. I mean I still feel like a kid but I feel like I know what's important now and how much God loves me. He loved me enough to give me the 2 best families that have ever existed (1 fam a lot bigger than the other ha). 

It's been a blessing seeing God's hand in my life these last couple days. With inspired words from my companion and this baptism going through and a bunch of other things. There's a story of a man and he always walked on the beach. He would look back and would see 4 footsteps in the sand. But when his life got hard he would only see 2. One day he was really struggling and it got to the point that he was upset with God and he said asks why God abandoned him in his hard times. and God replied saying "When your life was all sunshine and butterflies, I walked by your side. But when your life was hard I was carrying you on my back." I think the greatest part about being a missionary other than speaking about the Atonement of Christ is the fact that I get to use it more than the people I teach have to use. And that through my struggles and difficulties I can be carried and truly come to know Christ. 

This is God's church and God and Jesus Christ live. They live to bring us home.    

--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment