Monday, June 5, 2017

Fwd: Páscoa !



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Seraphin Decker <seraphin.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: April 6, 2015 at 8:04:33 AM PDT
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>, D Decker <7halcon@gmail.com>, Dallin Gibson <dallingibson123@gmail.com>, pmiangala <pmiangala@gmail.com>, Andrew Mott <andrewmott2@gmail.com>
Subject: Páscoa !


It's funny because I knew you 2 would curse me out for not writing. Sorry haha won't happen again. I'm fine though, I could imagine the things that might've been going through your heads. Seems like everyone had fun in Mexico (except for Colby haha). I know this isn't Mexico but a young woman recieved her call to Ecuador 2 Sundays ago ! She was super nervous reading the call but I was so happy for her.

So, I have a couple of stories. We went home one night and Elder Herrera and Elder Belo have knives and sticks and were trying to kill two rats in our house. So I was like, give me the knife. It's a big knife. So we're all there like okay we're gonna lift the couch and Elder Decker you're gonna kill it when it runs out. I'm like, cool let's do this, they lift the couch, the rat comes running out and I chicken out and run, screaming, with the knife in my hand. I come back and Elder Belo's crying because he was laughing so hard so that was our failed attempt to kill the rats. They ate our popcorn -__-

The next story I have is of the grandma that likes me a little too much with alzheimers. Everybody's watching conference in the church and next thing you heard was. NOOOOOOOOOO GET AWAY FROM ME BLACK MAN ! (In portuguese) and me and Elder Cerna look at eachother and we knew that she arrived, but it was good because her daughter (our investigator) and her husband ! So her husband was walking with her outside trying to keep her from running into the street, cursing and spitting so he finally locked her in the car and she was chill.

I always have stories but it's kind of hard to think right now with my time so short. but WOW, I liked the past Conference better but this one was super super good. I love how sometimes the apostolos get in our faces a little bit ha. So of course I loved Dallin H. Oaks and Uchdorft and my favorites Bednar and Holland. I hope one day and I can speak like they do. It wasn't SUPER SUPER great because I had to watch it in Portuguese but I didn't complain because we had 10 investigators watching conference with us !!!!! What !? Yes ! I'm gonna get all of the talks in English today so no worries. I thought it was interesting how Saturday's sessions talked a lot about marriage and family and everybody's favorite subject....the law of chastity :) But the saddest thing to see in the world is a destroyed family and I see a lot of that. To the point that it's normal to me now, like I knock on a door and expect to see a single mother, or a young teenager living with someone 3 times her age. Things like that clearly are not of God but it happens. This time of Easter and remembering of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for all of us is the greatest gift we have. I think of how lucky I am to have that in my life that I can be clean of all that I have ever done or will do. That I don't have to support all of these difficulties alone. That I have a Savior that lives to bring me home. My testimony that Jesus is the Christ. The Son of God, our Lord and King. He says to all of us, "Come unto me....and I will give you rest." A promise from God is a promise that we can all trust in. But it's up to us to make that decision to go looking for him.

I love you all so much and thank you for all the prayers and emails and everything. Y'all are awesome, don't forget it :) Until next week !
--
Élder Serph Alain Decker
        Missão Brasil Salvador 
A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos
            Dos Ultimos Dias



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment