Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Some of my thoughts in one paragraph Ha

> Oi ! People of the outside world ! haha I love reading all of you're e-mail's, its great. Still having a blast hear at the MTC of course. My district started this thing, we're like Mount Olympus and I'm our District Leader's(Elder Boyd aka Zeus) right hand man so I'm Hermes haha lame I know but we're getting like headbands and other stuff. But it's top secret so shhhhh. Probably shouldn't have told y'all that but it's OK i think. I'm still getting used to this being with an elder 24/7. No worries though, my Heavenly Father but me people I can live with. Except for this one Elder who's not in my district and he smells so bad it's insane ! That's my new favorite word by the way, Insane, I've been using it a lot and I don't know but. And I don't know why I'm telling you this. ANYWAYS, I'm learning a lot on how to invite others to come unto Christ. My new investigator's name is Nelson and it's weird because it's just my teacher with a fake name and he used to teach the guy he's pretending to be but, if you make it seem real then it feels real. Like my companion and I pray for him and we know about his personal life and family life and it's just awesome. The language is coming pretty well, I asked my teacher for extra help and he said I don't need it. I know thank you right ? But, it's so cool being able to speak a language. Especially when you're teaching and words that you barely know just come to your head and before you know it you're teaching by the Spirit which is the goal. My professores are amazing. One thing Brother Barlow said stuck out to me. It was about the sacrament. And sacrament should not be taken lightly. You're not only renewing your baptismal covenant but every covenant you've ever made. I used to think that sacrament was just another thing we do every week but if you're preparing throughout the week for that sacrament then it can be just as special as our baptism day. The sacrament is a sacred thing. Kay I'm running out of things to say so I should have saved some of those things from last week to say this week ha. One of my favorite quotes that I heard here goes like this, "There's no comfort in a growth zone, and no growth in a comfort zone." And that's so true, church related or not. I remember grandma gave her farewell talk and she mentioned me and said I be a great missionary because my hard work towards basketball will translate to the mission field. I'm been trying to live up to that because I don't want to make her a liar ! OH ! i broke the vertical leap record here ! haha 36.1 ! I need to start doing some squats though because I'm gonna try and break it again so my name stays up there. The MTC is great though, my district is great, my branch presidency is great. My branch president is really strict but, I got to talk to him and he's such a great man, and he's a man of God. Always wanting to please him like we should all be wanting to do the things that please our Heavenly Father. It'll be hard but we can do hard things; We can do all things (Philippians 4:13). I was pretty upset, I went to the bookstore and they didn't have a picture of Christ in the garden -__- WHAT ? No worries though. I get to go to the temple day ! woot woot ! I've grown to love the temple so so much, I might sleep there tonight....Okay so here's my last message before I sign out. Yes I miss you all so much (when I have enough free time to even have time to miss you haha) because I love y'all so much. But, something a speaker here said which made me love the Savior even that much more and added to my love of Him in the Garden of Gethsemane was: Even the Savior, a perfect man, when preparing to atone for all of our sins, had doubts and maybe a little fear or uneasiness. He pretty much asked if there was another way he could go about this. But the words after that might be the most important words ever said by a man...."Not my will, but Thine, be done." And i'll just leave it at that because those words might touch someone in a different way they touched me but, Our Heavenly Father loves you. He wants the absolute best for you and he know's best. His plan for us is perfect and through Jesus Christ we can be truly converted and happy. I love you all back home and I'm praying for y'all every day ! Be safe and I'll talk to you next week.
>
> Love,
>
> Your favorite Lamanite, Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment