Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hi


Oi pessoas ! Tudo Bem ! I miss you all so much and I'm can't help but think of how lucky I am to have you all in my life. This week has been FILLED with amazing experiences. So, first we had the consulate general of Angola come to our classroom to kind of see what's going on here. He's in charge of Visa's and things like that down in Angola so it helps out the missionaries going to Mozambique with their visa's. It was scary getting ready for him since we were representing the whole MTC but he was so nice and we had all practiced our lines of Portuguese before haha. Next, I gave my first blessing on Wednesday which was the most amazing thing. I was pretty nervous when she asked me to do it but, when I was finished with the prayer I couldn't believe what just happened. I don't even remember everything I said but the way I felt was something that will NEVER leave me and that is an amazing feeling. I could literally...literally feel the Spirit come over us and guiding my words and for those couple of minutes I felt a little of Our Heavenly Father's love for all of us but for her. I hope that made sense ha. I wish I could describe how it is to be here at the MTC to y'all who haven't been but it's that great. I don't mean to make you feel like your missing out but you're missing out ! We had an activity where we would teach our companions (In Portuguese of course) but really try to focus on not teaching lessons but teaching people. And my companion shared a scripture with me that almost made me freaking cry because i don't know it felt like that scripture was written for me. Corny I know but good news....I didn't cry because I'm a G. Anywaysssssssss, my professors are the greatest. They're not G's though because they cry sometimes but hey that's okay. We got a ping pong net, ball, and paddles so we stayed up playing ping pong last night since today is our P-Day. I got 3rd but it's okay I've been practicing. But to close and wrap it up, we had a speaker on Sunday named Chad Lewis who played for BYU and 8 or 9 years on the Eagles it think...i can't remember how many years but that's not important. His message to us was to let our lights shine. Too many times we pass up opportunities to open our mouths or show what we are about. But, we have a great message to share that brings true happiness. We're children of God, meaning we have potential and light and goodness that we can't even comprehend. Let your light shine, and that might mean something different for everybody but whatever that means to you, do it and let your light shine. I miss you all and I love you all so much. I'm praying for you everyday so I hope the blessings are just pouring out onto you all. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all have to say next week ! Until then ! Eu Amo Voces !

- Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment